Sunday, January 25, 2009

It Was a Good Weekend

This is my little Spooky, our Garden Girl, taken before her close encounter with some animal's large teeth. She is now my little Quilt studio kitty. She normally prefers being outside, but I wanted her to stay safe while she was healing from her misadventure. She has adapted surprisingly well to life inside. I picked her up from the animal hospital on Friday, and she slept a lot the first couple of days. It was pretty noisy in the hospital, animals barking and crying, lots of people banging around. If she will let me, I may just keep her inside indefinitely.

I spoke with my Dad again tonight. When he answered the phone he sounded just like he did before the stroke! As he got more tired as the conversation went on, he sounded a little robotic, but he was still speaking in full sentences and I could understand most of what he said. Whew, Big sigh of relief. We will find out tomorrow how long he will remain in rehab. He is committed to staying as long as he needs to, but I know he will be very glad to get back home.

This weekend, Brandon and Kristen came up for the weekend. We all went to the Port Salerno Seafood Festival and had a great time. It was a beautiful sunny day. We ate all kinds of great seafood ~ clam chowder, fried clams, shark bites (!), conch fritters, frozen lemonade, red flannel cupcakes with mouse stuffing and cream cheese frosting! Um yea, I am still full. After that, we went to a beautiful place on the water and had a beer and watched the sun set through the palm trees.

I put the borders on a quilt I am making for Kristen. The pattern is called Salt Water Taffy. It is all batiks. For the back, I pieced a silk screened mermaid on a backing with flip flop fabric. I loaded it on the frame, picked a thread color, and hope to get started quilting on it this week.



Hope you had a great weekend, too!

3 comments:

JessicaSews said...

I'm so glad I'm reading about such good news! Your dad is able to talk with you!! Your kitty is healing!
Sending hugs to you all,
~ Jes

Holee said...

How great to hear you Dad is doing so well. I'm glad to hear he's not rushing it.

Love the quilt and great mermaid!

Pam said...

Thanks for all of your support - your thoughts and prayers helped me a lot!