Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Big Top


This week, my husband made me a Big Top for my ironing board. We went to the home supply store and got a piece of plywood and some molding. I traced the outline of the existing ironing board and he screwed the molding along those lines. Then I put the big board over the top of the existing ironing board surface. I covered it with some flannel and some ironing board cover fabric that I bought from JA's. I taped the whole thing down with blue painter's tape, just temporarily until I can get him to staple it all down.
I LOVE this big surface! No more angling large pieces around to accomodate the small end of the ironing board. I probably won't ever take the big top off, but if I ever needed to, it just lifts right off.
I think my husband likes to make things that make my life easier, too.

No comments: