Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Family Photo


Haven't been blogging much...we finally got some sunny days after four solid weeks of rain! I've tried to be outside as much as possible, trying to get the most time in with my family and at the lake. We will be heading back to the steam bath that is South Florida this time of year on Monday or Tuesday, depending on the best weather window for driving. It is about a 25 hour drive home, no matter which route we take.
Today, we had an outdoor photographer come and take a group photo of my side of our family, 13 people ages 88 down to 13 years. I requested that everyone wear a white shirt and blue jeans (The photographer, Emily, called it the "LL Bean" shoot). I guess that is a common theme for family group photos. There was a bit of grumbling about the uniform look, but everyone complied, with a few individual variations. We posed in a few different locations, on a big rock in the woods, at the end of the dock, on the deck. I think it went very well compared with last year's group shot, which I took with my camera propped up on a ladder, using the self timer. Last year, we all wore Life is Good T-shirts with our favorite outdoor activity featured, but the shirts were too dark to show up well, and everyone's patience was worn out by the third try.
Can't wait to see the proofs, she will mail them to me in about 2 weeks.

1 comment:

Pam said...

This is a scanned photo of one of the originals that the photographer sent to me. I tried to edit the color of the lake, it was a hot, hazy day, and the sky and water were a shimmery shade of gray. I was trying to make them blue and instead gave my Mom a Homer Simpson mouth! Everyone in my family HATES this photo, but I like it. The original one, anyway!