Tuesday, September 9, 2008

It's All About Bill

This Sunday was our 6th wedding anniversary. Michael and I pretty much celebrate every day, so we don't really do a big celebration on The Day or anything. I made plans to work on a quilt on my longarm, and Michael is working on putting in a big vegetable garden on about a half acre he has recently cleared, building frames and trellises and planting stuff.

When Janey, Bill's Mom, told us she would be going to a trade show in Orlando for the day on Sunday, I offered to keep an eye on Bill while they were gone. Big sacrifice on my part, right? Any excuse to spend time with my beloved Bill! The day started off great, I picked Bill up, he hopped right into my car and we went to my quilt studio, where he hung out happily, running in and out of the house, playing with his little squeaky hedgehog. After a while we walked over to where my husband was working in the garden. Bill had a blast romping around the yard. I had high hopes that Michael would look at this cute fuzzy pup frolicking around, fall in love, and decide that we indeed needed a Wheatie of our very own, the sooner the better. I hopped in the pool. Bill ran back and forth next to the pool while I was swimming. I was sending silent mental messages to Bill "Go play with Michael" "Go bond with Michael". So far, so good! Michael came over and started to rake along the edge of the driveway, next to the pool, talking to Bill the whole time. Bill started to bark at the rake. I have never had a dog before, so I'm thinking, Oh, he wants to play with the rake. A smarter person than I am would have gotten out of the pool at this point, lead Bill away from the rake and gotten him interested in something else. Alas, I am not that smart. Bill then bit Michael on the hand that was holding the rake. Michael very calmly said "You can take this dog home now." I got out of the pool and drove Bill home, tout suite.
RATS!!!!
Haven't mentioned this to Janey yet...

No comments: