Saturday, September 13, 2008

Moving Day!

After much deliberation, I decided to move my quilting room from our house over to the guest house where I have my longarm, so that I will have a dedicated area where I can go to work and have all of my stuff together in the same place.
The advantages to having my sewing room under my roof at home were that I could just go in there and sew whenever I had a few spare moments, or late at night, or early in the morning, and still be near enough to my husband so that we were still together-ish, even if not participating in the same actual activity. I will miss that. He will too.
The reasons I decided to move have to do with noise, temperature, and the experience of having whatever I needed be in the other place! I work some of my day, most days, in a very cool environment. When I come home, if it is really hot, I am sluggish and uncomfortable. It is not fun to wrestle with fabric and batting in 80 plus degree heat! My husband loves to be outside all day, gardening. Yes, in the 90+ degree South Florida heat and humidity, I know! He HATES air conditioning, is in fact allergic to it. His bronchial tubes close up. In my guest house, I can control the temperature and the music. My husband has lately been fond of French music, sung in French. Some of it is catchy, but I like to listen to audiobooks, or my own music. I also have the experience known to anyone who has 2 homes of always needing/wanting the thing that you have left at the Other Place.
So...I am Moving Out. Still in the process of organizing, but I think it is going to work out OK. We moved the 2 twin beds out of the guest house and into my old sewing room. Tonight, Michael's daughter, husband and 2 girls are coming up to Sleep Over, so they can try out the new beds downstairs. In the morning, we are off to Disney for a few days, the girls first visit! Abby told us on the phone yesterday "I'm so excited, I can't stand it, Grandpa!".

2 comments:

JessicaSews said...

Hi Pam!

I wish I had such a sewing area! I'm following your "move"!

I got a new book, Quiltagami and thought of you when I saw the crane patterns included! The book is filled with fabric folding projects and pretty embroidery patterns.
I don't know when I'll actually do a project from the book, but it will be fun to thumb through this Winter!
I'll be looking for future posts of your Cranes!
Enjoy these pretty Fall days!
~ Jessica

Pam said...

Thanks, Jessica!
I'll have to check out that book, sounds great.
Hoping to have some more crane pictures up soon!