Monday, October 13, 2008

Dana's Magnolia Quilt

This weekend, before the kids came, I machine quilted this quilt for my friend Dana. She couldn't remember what the name of the pattern was, so we just call it the Magnolia quilt. I was a little distracted when I was taking the photo at the end, so I didn't get a close up of the quilting, but I was happy with it. I used a pantograph called Dynasty and she picked a beautiful sage green thread color. It is a Christmas gift for her Mom, who is also a quilter. She just has to put the binding on. Yikes, Christmas!! I've been so focused on the upcoming election, I haven't even started to think about the Holidays this year!

2 comments:

Holee said...

Wow, that is beautiful. It is actually a black quilt with white and green sitting on it. I always hesitate to use a black background but it's really striking.

Miri said...

Pretty quilt-I love sage green.