Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Working on the Cranes

Today, I am working on the crane quilt.

My husband is out of town for a few days on a fishing adventure with his best friend. So I am free to sew ! It seems so quiet here without him. I have been looking forward to this time alone to work on my projects, but now that it is here, it feels wierd.

Here it is up on the design wall. Still not sure about the color of the little blocks between the cranes. But, will move beyond that for the moment and start to cut my squares for the borders.

I have also just figured out how to move photos around in the blog, a blogging breakthrough of gigantic proportions for me, as I have been struggling with it for weeks.

4 comments:

Holee said...

This quilt is just so different, I love it and it is peaceful. Maybe it's the blues that produce that feeling.

How's Bill?

Pam said...

Hi Holee,
Thanks! This is the biggest quilt I've ever put up on the design wall. It has helped me so much, to be able to move things around till I get them in an order that works.
I haven't seen Bill for a few weeks! (I'm having Bill withdrawal). Hope to spend some time with him soon!

Karen Joy said...

Pam, love the quilt. I agree with Holee - it is one I love. Where did you get the pattern from?

Pam said...

It is called the Peace Quilt. I bought it at Jo-Ann!