Friday, October 10, 2008

In The Garden



Yesterday, I played hookey from work...well as much as I ever can. The work is still there waiting for me, I just didn't go in to do it until late afternoon. Instead, I painted some words on a gate into the garden for my husband. He had been asking me, and it had been raining so it was too wet to paint until today. I am not used to working outside in the 90 degree heat and humidity. What's up with that? It's October for goodness sake. I felt like I was going to keel over, just standing there painting! Then he took me out to lunch, at our favorite local hole in the wall that has great food. It felt like a vacation day!
Last night, we had quilt guild. We had a speaker who has a degree in textiles and is a conservator of vintage quilts. She had a trunk show and did a really interesting presentation. My favorite quilt was a silk pineapple log cabin quilt in black and peach. Probably the peach was once red, and had faded. But it was a striking combination still.
Well, I am off to work. Wish I could take the day off to sew, haven't been able to do much of that this week.


2 comments:

Miri said...

Great painted message on the fence..I can hear the tune in my head. Sounds like a great guild meeting.

JessicaSews said...

Dear Pam,

Make room for the Amana Orange -
The seeds are on their way!

I love your garden pictures!

~ Jes