Thursday, August 14, 2008

Leo




This is Leo. He lives next door to my quilt house with his people, Dawn, and her daughter, Marissa. Dawn and Marissa are tall and thin and beautiful. Leo is tall and thin and beautiful. If you had to pick a cat that matched this family, Leo is it. Leo is very friendly, and loves to look in the French door windows at me when I am sewing on my longarm. One day, DH came home and said that Dawn couldn't find Leo. We went out and called and called. No Leo. Three days later, I asked DH if there was any sign of Leo. No, sadly, Leo had not been heard from. Many prayers and good thoughts went up for the safe return of Leo. As we were cooking dinner that night, I casually asked DH if there was any possibility that Leo might have gotten into my quilt house. DH said no, that he had been there that day and checked everything, and no Leo. The next morning, my phone rang early and it was Dawn, asking to borrow a sewing machine to make new pillows for Marissa's bedroom. I asked about Leo, no news. I told Dawn she could borrow my extra machine that I keep in the quilt house to do bindings on. I met her at the house and we were talking a mile a minute about her project as I opened the door to my quilt house, and MEOW!!!! MEOW!!!!! There was Leo. Looking taller and thinner than usual. Glad to see us! Dawn scooped him up, gave him big hugs and kisses, and took him home for some much needed food and water.

I started to look around the quilt house for evidence of Leo's visit. Poops on the rug. No problem, emptied it out the door. Peed on some longarm practice pieces on a low shelf. No problem, tossed them in the trash. Knocked over a bottle of shampoo in the bathroom, no problem, it was in the tub. Checked out my longarm, which had a quilt (of mine!) on it. A few hairs, he had been sleeping on the quilt, no problem. Moved the longarm to start sewing on my quilt, and....he had PEED ON THE BATTING OF THE QUILT THAT WAS ON THE MACHINE. AAAARRRRGGGHHH. My options are: take the quilt off the machine and wash it or, try to get the stain (and the smell) out while it was still on the machine. I chose number 2, since I have zippered leaders, but have never used them. I'm still new at this longarm thing! I put a big bowl with some water and detergent under the stain and let it soak. Then poured tonic water over the stain to rinse it, and let it air dry. Sucess! All is well, stain and smell free.

Leo is mostly and indoor cat, now.

1 comment:

Holee said...

OH MY! I think Leo needs a litter box in your quilting room...just in case!